Websites for Basic Introductory 3D Modeling
- TinkerCad – www.tinkercad.com/learn/
- Create online and download STL file for printer.
- Sketchup Free – www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-free
- Web-based version of Sketchup. Similar interface to the desktop software.
- Intro Blender Video
- Tutorial Page
- Otvinta – Great tutorials for designing gears, ellipticals, and other hard to design machine parts using Blender.
- Tutorial Videos available to borrow on a USB Flashdrive. Can be borrowed for home use.
- Free Download Page – Including versions under development. Look for version 2.8, with optimization for 3D printing.
- Rhino 3D
- Autodesk Fusion
- Online cloud-based program
- Free iPad app to view models
- Three years FREE for students
Open Source Modeling Software – Free
iPad 3D Software
- For the iPad Pro (Apple Pencil Required): Shapr3D (App store)
- For any iPad (no Apple Pencil or iPad Pro Required): Polygonify
Ready to use .stl files
- Thingiverse.com (Free)
- Grabcad.com (Free)
- Sketchfab (Free)
- Autodesk 123d (Free)
- CGTrader (Free and Paid)
- My Mini Factory (Free)
- Yeggi (Free and Paid)
- Pinshape (Free and Paid)
- XYZprinting 3D Gallery (Free and Paid)
- Dremel Idea Builder (Free)
- YouMagine (Free)
- And Others. See the all3dp.com blog: Test Sites for Free .STL printing